smoked oem headlight ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeg92083

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9l
hey guys new to rf...just bought a black 01 ram 1500 sport and im looking to murder the whole thing out. i want to start with the headlights since there are very yellow and reasonably cheap to replace. i like the stock clean look so im not looking for any halo/one piece/aftermarket tuner crap. i just want my stock headlights to be smoked or tinted but do not want to use the spray or film tint because i will lose a crapload of light at night. ive done tons of searching and cant find anything. my question to you guys is where the hell can i find what i need? lol every other automobile ive had ive been able to find these headlights... just not the ram..your input is greatly appreciated

mitchbowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 2500 5-speed, soon to be leveled on 33's
Engine
5.9 Magnum
are you looking for a black housing? Because I've never seen OEM headlights with the look you want,and I just looked recently to replace mine. You could always tint them and put in hid's to make up for what you lose with the tint.

OP
OP
J

joeg92083

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9l
black housing wouldnt be out of the picture i guess but all the black housings i see online are waaaaay to tunerish for me...i was hoping to keep the stock looking headlights just smoked or tinted...if i do go the tint route whats the best way to do it? im also anti hid..lol..im very picky...im a big fan of the silverstar ultras though...would the shine decent through the tint?

mitchbowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 2500 5-speed, soon to be leveled on 33's
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I've never tinted mine, im not a fan of them. Search on the forum here, maybe the dyi section.these guys have done about anything you could think of doing. I'd imagine that it would shine through pretty good though.

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
you can buy covers that snap on and off so during the day it looks murdered but you can take them off at night so you dont loose any light.

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
smoking headlights are kinda a risky situation, buy covers for your headlights so you can be murdered out by day, and still see at night sense they are removable.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
These are what I have. Yes I know they are chrome but they were/are made in black but they can be hard to find. You'd have to hunt ebay and use the search function here as I know a link has been posted at least 2x, one not too long ago.

Edit: SOB I just found them in roughly 30 sec. Found them on ebay too without the link. I hunted ebay for 2 weeks to find these before settling on the chrome ones....

Last edited:

newrammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 v8 magnum
Those ^^^^ I have them, get compliments on them all the time. Not too dark, not too light. Just right :banana-mario:

newrammer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 v8 magnum
Might consider that after I get my level and ball joints in. And after I take my water pump off for the second time