Spacers w a 5" lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tiger9297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I have a '99 2500. Running 17" aluminum wheels off of a 03-12 2500 and 37x12.5's. Also running a 5" lift. I'd like to have a little wider stance in the rear. Would there be an issue with running wheel spacers in the rear to add a little width?

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Not unless you haul a lot of stuff. If you keep the spacer at 2.5in or less you won't substantially affect the axle bearing life, above that and things start to wear faster.

Just be cautious of the spacer you order, a lot of the spacers for the Dodge hubs (at least on the 9.25 axles) require a special splined acorn nut in order to bolt the spacer to the hub and still be able to get the rim on the spacer.

It's not a major issue, just be aware of the hole size on the spacer that will slide over the factory hub studs.

Also, if you end up getting splined acorn style lug nuts, only get the 6 spline, 5 spline lug nuts are cheap and crappy.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Also make sure they're hubcentric. This is where the horror stories and bad information comes from about em. Guys don't buy hubcentric and get cheap ****, studs shear and wheel goes flying down the road, guys bash the spacers for their stupidity