tires rubbing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

generalat2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I have a 2001 1500 sport off road edition. i just put 33" tires on it and they are rubbing a little in the front when i turn. if i add 2"-3" coil spacers in the front, will i need to change anything else e.g. pitman arm, sway bar etc???

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
2 inch you shouldn't have to change anything. Isn't that truck an ORE? You should be able to truck 33s with rubbing only in the rear, not the front.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
How wide are these 33's?

OP
OP
generalat2

generalat2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
2 inch you shouldn't have to change anything. Isn't that truck an ORE? You should be able to truck 33s with rubbing only in the rear, not the front.

they don't come anywhere close to rubbing in the rear, definitely rub in the front when i turn, on the front bumper and the wheel well. im not fully sure how stock this truck is, it has 3" blocks on the rear, thought a stock ORE was 2" in the rear, also thinking that i have had some spring compression over the years, it looks to me that it has a slight rake to it.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
they don't come anywhere close to rubbing in the rear, definitely rub in the front when i turn, on the front bumper and the wheel well. im not fully sure how stock this truck is, it has 3" blocks on the rear, thought a stock ORE was 2" in the rear, also thinking that i have had some spring compression over the years, it looks to me that it has a slight rake to it.

Interesting. I wonder if someone had been forking with the control arms, because they should be clearing.

I forget how large the stock 4x4 block is, the ORE gets it's lift from an additional leaf in the springs.

OP
OP
generalat2

generalat2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Interesting. I wonder if someone had been forking with the control arms, because they should be clearing.

I forget how large the stock 4x4 block is, the ORE gets it's lift from an additional leaf in the springs.

definitely a possibility. I think ill try the 2" coil spacers for now till i can get a proper lift.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I agree with that approach. The tires are just a teeny bit to tall, hence the rubbing.

A coil spacer level kit will work just fine.