Tow hook bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bizzlebmo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a bul bar for my truck 99 ram sprt and im trying to get my old bolts off so i can put the brackets on and i can not get the bolts off for the life of me any sugestions?

01DodgeRamMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pb blaster is god in rusty bolt problems or heating them up!!:shooter:

edit*** or a really big breaker bar

Grubrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I had a near identical situation many years ago with bolts on nerf bars that refuse to move an inch. I sprayed them, knocked them with hammers, kicked the wrench and nothing.

Then my neigbor at the time said "heat em' up.... they'll come right out."

He was right.

Heating it up will almost always remove just about any bolt that doesn't wanna' budge. I think it'll be ideal in your situation.

I don't mean heating it with a heatgun either. Grab one of those handheld blow torches from the box stores like a Bernzomatic.

HERE is the one I have.

Good luck and please post results.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yup...if none of the liquid penetrents don't work, heat that sucker up.

Just don't burn up any electrical lines or set your truck on fire. :D

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
impact gun if that wont get them loose heat them up and hit them with the impact agin
if you dont have an impact harbor freight sells a electric one i think its on sale right now to for 50% off

streak379

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2
Breaker bar and a cheater pipe. Or a craftsman wrench and a cheaper pipe, that way if it breaks you can most likely get one on warranty, and if you cant your not our 80 bucks like a snap-on

Hotroder383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 or 5.2 which ever you want
heat is the best way, breaker bars and stuff work but you run a real good risk of snappin the bolt off, and I bet you dont really want to do that LOL