Transfer case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I noticed today that there is play in the front output shaft of my NP231D t-case.
Is there a bearing behind the seal that can be replaced without dropping the t-case?

OP
OP
Gr8bawana

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Well I got incredibly lucky. Once I got the skidplate off and got the front drive-shaft off I dicovered that the big nut that holds the front output yoke in place was loose. It's a real pain in the ass to get in there with the transmission cross member in the way. When I got the yoke off I changed the seal which had been leaking for years. That was another pain in the ass to remove because I don't have a seal puller.
The splines in the yoke and on the output shaft looked good so I put it back together and tightened the crap out of the nut with a little blue loctite, book says 130-200 ft. lbs.
Hopefully it will never come loose again. http://www.ramforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=89167&stc=1&d=1498249311

Attachments

• s-l225.jpg
    s-l225.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 41