Windshield Wiper Arm Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lucemsequimur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
Hey guys, I'm having a rather annoying issue with removing my wiper arms. Yes, I've read other threads on this and read instructions. The problem is that, pulling the pin out to lock the arm into maintenance position doesn't work correctly. The arm will be held out, but it'll slip back and the pin will go back in. I have no clue how I'm supposed to remove the wiper arms if this keeps happening (I want to remove them to repaint them). One of the pins appears to already have the angled bit broken off, but both have the same issue.

kpd12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Can you not hold the wiper off the windshield with one hand while pulling the pin with the other and carefully wiggle the entire Assy off?

Or using small vice grips grab the pin and hold it locked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lucemsequimur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 Magnum
Can you not hold the wiper off the windshield with one hand while pulling the pin with the other and carefully wiggle the entire Assy off?

Or using small vice grips grab the pin and hold it locked?

I've tried the first, it was impossible to keep the pin pulled out. I don't have small vice grips unfortunately.