Windshield Wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaptnTony

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0L - V10
Hi again all. I'm baaaaaack. Hunting is over for about 3 or 4 days (we got 26+" snow this weekend, so I've been shoveling out).

Something 'not so good' happened to the ole boy as I had to move him to plow the driveway. I tried to get about 3" of snow off the windshield with the wipers and they just started then stopped. I turned them off immediately but they won't respond at all now. Nothing.

Is there a fuse or anything that I should be checking or is it more than likely the wiper motor? I haven't had a lot of time to do diagnosis on it as it's been under about 24" of snow now since Saturday morning (plowed late friday night and haven't moved it since). I'm hoping it's a fuse, but it's just not my luck usually :)

Though, I haven't yet replaced a windshield wiper motor yet so there's always the experience. I also had an issue (since the beginning but wasn't much of a top 10 sorta issue in summer/fall) of the windshield sprayer throwing the wash up about 2" onto the windshield. The reservoirs is full (was 1/2 full when I got it this fall).

thanks for any ideas. I'd like to get this fixed so I can start 4 wheelin' through the snow on the farm :]

adamwilkes14

Reaction score
Yes, there is a fuse...it could be in the switch itself...those motors are pretty reliable these days...chances of them going out are pretty close to 0...but you could have hurt the motor a little...

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Im thinking the strain sent a surge though the line and popped the fuse, got my fingers crossed.

OP
OP
C

CaptnTony

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0L - V10
Should I look for the fuse in the 'in cab' box or is it probably under the hood. (Hoping inside as the hood is going to take some work to get under :eek: )

OP
OP
C

CaptnTony

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0L - V10
Sweet! Thanks for the quick replies. Much appreciated!

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
x2 on the motor still being good. More than likely, the extra weight of the snow caused the fuse to pop

OP
OP
C

CaptnTony

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0L - V10
It was the fuse. Had to pull them all out and inspect them as I don't have the fuse box cover. Relied on owner's manual, but it had a picture that didn't look ANYTHING like what was there. The manual said the fuse should be a 20a; but the two that I found that were blown were a 15a and a 5a. I bought a couple sets of spares, and replaced the 15 with a 20 and all is working well again (just in time for tomorrow's ice storm..oh yeah).

Thanks for the help and quick replies. I appreciate the effort. :)