01 extended cab on 96 chassis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo8v92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.0 v10
Ok so I have a 96 standard cab longbed Dually and my dad acquired a very clean 01 extended cab shortbed ram and we're kind of kicking around the idea of swapping the cab and bed onto my truck. Now before anyone says its a lot of work I already know lol I know I need to transfer cab and bed mounts and move the rear back and extend the drive shaft 4" not a ton of work but a little complicated but my main question is that will my dash,hvac system, and steering column work in the new cab ? I don't wanna strip the two truck and realize it won't fit hah def wouldn't be to happy...I would like to keep the rest of the interior in the 02 cab though just want to swap cab harness' and dash hope someone can help as I can't wait to tear into it once it warms up

lambodesigns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
12 valve cummins
Looking at the same thing..... I recently got my dad's 94 longbed dually and listed it on craigslist to sell because the regular cab just doesn't work for our family. I was driving home today and spotted an extended cab that turns out is owned by my next door neighbor's kid so I it got me wondering if the same swap would work for me and my searching brought me here. I even have a set of rims and tires to convert it to SRW sitting around making it even easier to convert. I just replaced the cracked dash in it so everything is in great condition and it only has 105k miles on it and drives great. If anyone knows if the dash will transfer over and could let us know it would be appreciated because just like the OP I can handle the rest of the changes like moving the axle back 4" but if the dash and wiring won't transfer over directly then it becomes more of a project than I might want to take on.