98 Dash Pad Removal, among other inquiries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddinginamopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been browsing around and can't seem to find anything on it... As 95% of the 2nd gens do, my dash is shot... I tried to get it off piece by piece, but it started to mess with me when it didn't just come off... Can it come off without the whole dash coming with it? I took all of the screws I could find off, yet it didn't come out... Maybe there were some that are tucked up underneath, behind the speedo cluster and radio? I'm sure some of y'all have done this before. I'd love to start up with my interior remodeling....

Next, is there anyone that sells aftermarket seats? I don't mean full Corbeau racing buckets, just something a little different, without having to go get it re-upholstered. I can't have the truck sitting around too much since I need it daily for work and school. So I would need to order it and have it ready to swap in almost immediately. I haven't looked into this much, but figured I'd just throw it out and see if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks in advance, for anyone who has something to offer lol I'm sure I'll think of something else along the way too.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
The whole instrument panel and dash needs to be unbolted.

OP
OP
Muddinginamopar

Muddinginamopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wonderful... lol Have you heard anything about those plastic, glue-on covers? Seen em on eBay for around $130. Thinking about going that route...

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
They really only work if you have a solid enough dash to attach them to. Otherwise they like to fall off. :crazy:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Good time to replace the heater core and clean the A/C coils and the HVAC box. :D

OP
OP
Muddinginamopar

Muddinginamopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I have another OE core to go in. I was going to replace it back when my transmission was blown, but this stopped me. As for the A/C, I may remove it entirely. I've got windows lol

Sent from my pathetically slow iPhone

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Eh, you've got windows and you're up north. Need the a/c down here. :p

cfodor

Banned
Reaction score