Afternarket Steering Wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9L 295 CI Magnum V6 :(
Has anybody found or Installed an Aftermarket Steering Wheel in there Rams??

Ive been looking for one because my steering wheel doesnt have the horn button or the airbag on it so its Kinda Really Ugly...

Any body know where i could get one or atleast a hub Adapter?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Try the Grant steering wheel site. They have adapters and wheels for just about anything.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
andys autosport .com had alot of wheels and adapters, but to my understand its illegal to run one because you lose your air bag..unless you get a real high end expensive one that does come with a air bag, think youd have to find someone who does custom steering wheels

OP
OP
MvZiC MaN

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Never heard it was illegal here in FL at least... Doesnt really matter anyway tho my truck doesnt have an air bag in the Driver side (Anymore) i will check andys autosprt and i will also check Grants site.. Thanks guys

OP
OP
MvZiC MaN

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
alright well it looks like Andysautosport has what i want its gonna be $129.99 for the Adapter i need and $32.00 for the steering wheel and maybe later on down the road ill get a Quick Release just for the Hell of it Next paycheck ill be ordering these

Steering wheel (Until i can find a better looking one
SW-106RS Spec D Momo Net Style Steering Wheel for 94-01 Dodge Ram at Andy's Auto Sport)

Hub Adapter
94-01 Dodge Ram Hub Adapter from NRG at Andy's Auto Sport

I will take pics of the Install aswell

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
now that is something that has me intrigued! i had been playing the the idea in the back of me head but i didn't know for sure about the possibilities....3rd gen stuff really does look better on our 2nd gens rather than those ratty 3rd gens. j/k lol.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
now that is something that has me intrigued! i had been playing the the idea in the back of me head but i didn't know for sure about the possibilities....3rd gen stuff really does look better on our 2nd gens rather than those ratty 3rd gens. j/k lol.

lol I would love to do that...I wonder if cruise control would still work? and if we could make the volume control work

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
will there is a will there is a way. And i am sure you can make it work, i know for Gm the simular conversion can get complicated, but it is doable. I am gunna go off and do some research on this one.....

and we are kinda stealing this thread, i'll make a new one when i find info for this. unless you can get to it before me cody, lol.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
will there is a will there is a way. And i am sure you can make it work, i know for Gm the simular conversion can get complicated, but it is doable. I am gunna go off and do some research on this one.....

and we are kinda stealing this thread, i'll make a new one when i find info for this. unless you can get to it before me cody, lol.

lol sorry OP!

damn I am super interessted in this cuz I like the 3rd gen steering wheel ALOT better...lol anyone know how to get in contact with the guy that did it?

keep me updated loki! ill try to look into it when I get home from work

OP
OP
MvZiC MaN

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yeah that is a pretty cool idea... Let us know what you find out!!

OP
OP
MvZiC MaN

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does the airbag light drive you nuts?

could go with a 3rd gen wheel too
attachment-10.jpg

In my truck the airbag light was Killing me no i took the cluster apart and put a piece of Electrical tape over the Led so it wouldnt shine through

Atlram16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 v6
Everyone says you have to use a weld in adapter. I used a Grant adapter and it worked perfectly. You will have to trim the adapter or the plug connector on the clock spring but it does work!

20180104_164357.jpg