The air is on the move...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000ramnky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.8 V6
I am hoping that other people have had this issue and that it is just a sensor that has gone loopy or something.

Whether I put on the heat, the AC, the defroster, doesn't matter, I works like it is supposed to until I either get above 35mph or hit the gas. To explain: If I take off from a traffic light, and let's say I have the AC on, everything is normal until I get above 35mph. Then the air moves to the defroster vents at the base of the windshield. The air will stay up there until I pretty much let off the gas and kinda coast. If I start up any kind of incline where I have to press the gas even just a little, the air moves to the windshield. This does this during the summer with the AC. This does this during the winter with the heat.
The real kicker? When the main control is in the off position, I still get some air thru the dash vents...(wait for it, wait for it) when I let off the gas. :roflsquared:

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Try a search for "Wild Vents" under $20 in parts and about 1/2hr work to change out the check valve.