Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 2nd Gen : 1994 - 2002 > Interior

Interior

Another Dash Question

This is a discussion on Another Dash Question within the Interior forums, part of the 2nd Gen : 1994 - 2002 category!
I am new to the site and this has probably been answered a million times. So I apologize ahead of ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2016, 10:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

Ram Year: 1998
Engine: 5.2
Default Another Dash Question
I am new to the site and this has probably been answered a million times. So I apologize ahead of time for the ones who are tired of seeing a dash question. I have a 1998 Ram 1500 Quad cab. What is weird about mine is the top of the dash is completely fine, all the insides of the dash is a broken mess. I have searched and search for the complete dash (not just the bezel and top) and have had no luck. Does anyone know where I could find the actual main dash? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sean

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
my98ramquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 04:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Supporting Member

Ram Year: 2001
Engine: 5.9L V8
lmctruck.com is usually the go to

2001 Ram 1500 QCSB, 2" HBS level 285/70/17 Toyo OpenCountry AT2s, M1 2bbl, F&B 52x55mm TB, Pacesetter Longtube headers, 18" Magnaflow, M1 91 Octane canned tune by FlyinRyan, remote start, HS 1.7 RRs, Custom RetroFit 6500K HID
dapepper9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply, I have looked at LMC, ebay, junkyard, etc. and have had no luck with finding the complete dash. Seems like everyone has the bezel and top dash pad, just no complete dash. As usual it seems like I am the opposite of the rest of the Dodge Ram people and need what they do not produce. No surprise since the seats were the ones with the seat belt in the seat, which took me 3 weeks to find a donor. Again thank you ahead of time for any leads and hopefully I will find one soon.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ram Year: 1999
Engine: 318 5.2l
If you find a replacement let us know
Joe w. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Joe w. View Post
If you find a replacement let us know
I definitely will. I contacted LMC and they were pretty quick on returning my email. They do Not carry the actual dash assembly. They carry the usual that you can find everywhere, so the quest continues.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ram Year: 1994
Engine: 5.3
So what do body shops do if they have to fix a messed up dash? My 94 has a cracked piece above the glovebox. LMC doesn't sell this as stated above.
Baradonai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2000
Well, y'all are all gonna laugh. My sub dash is held together primarily with zip strips right now. I am in the same boat, and do not realistically expect to ever find a complete sub that is not cracked as chrysler was kind enough to use a horrible ABS plastic composition that loves to be deteriorated by ultraviolet rays. My options are: Try in vain (for five years now) to find one, or just live with it and have an otherwise awesome truck that I love to death. Everything else works, well, except of no heat now.....grrr. But, zip strips to the rescue, put an nice dash cover on it and just drive it. that's my two cents worth...
Tarmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

Supporting Member

Ram Year: 2001
Engine: 5.9L V8
I came across this. If you're willing to work at it you can go this route. Small missing pieces cam be added using fiberglass. Would have to take the texture away from the surface too to get a uniform finish
https://www.powernationtv.com/two-mi...cked-dashboard

2001 Ram 1500 QCSB, 2" HBS level 285/70/17 Toyo OpenCountry AT2s, M1 2bbl, F&B 52x55mm TB, Pacesetter Longtube headers, 18" Magnaflow, M1 91 Octane canned tune by FlyinRyan, remote start, HS 1.7 RRs, Custom RetroFit 6500K HID

Last edited by dapepper9; 03-20-2017 at 07:45 PM.
dapepper9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:23 AM   #9 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2001 ram 1500 sport quad cab
Engine: 5.9L Magnum
and this is exactly why i joined the forums. another forum i tried to join but holy seizure. it's like attack of the advertising gifs!

in any event no - i know of no one who sells the dashboard frame itself. there's currently one (tan) on ebay for a dash of this year style for $750 but used. this means it's likely as brittle as mine even though it's not breaking apart yet. it's frustrating as all get out because i've got the lmc option and bezel and spend $1800 on the interior at sues. (gas monkey sue - she's great!) and in all i hate to add up what i have in my 01 sport quad cab.

but in swapping out the radio over the weekend more pieces of the frame broke. the major one being the top part that holds the AC controls and that makes my controls not as solid as i'd of course like.

it's just a matter of time and need to pull the front off before it continues to simply break piece by piece.

i'd pull the trigger on the $750 core on ebay right now but i have zero idea how difficult these are to put in and it would require the help of a friend i'm sure as he helped me put the lcm cap on.

in any event, appreciate the thread. this is why i was joining - seeing what others are doing as the actual core/frame of the dash now follows the rest into dust particles.
renegadeiceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2001 ram 1500 sport quad cab
Engine: 5.9L Magnum
ok - did more digging today cause i know this is gonna be an issue.

ebay:
1998 - 2001 DODGE RAM DASH CORE FRAME STRUCTURE ASSM. CAMEL / TAN CODE R1K9 OEM | eBay

it does look solid but you can't tell from just pics. also a complete dash vs. just the framework.

i called chrysler and i can get the frame direct from them for $700-$800 but then they want from $1k - $1.4k to swap them out.

sparse videos on facebook on pulling a dashboard out but the one i did find said to simply remove it from the frame and there are (4) bolts. then simply uhhook all the other pieces that go on / around it.

has anyone in here ever pulled the dash out of their 01 series dodge and if so, how much "fun" was it? a friend of mine and i will likely do it and he's more mechanical than i am but we're both pretty smart in general. a full weekend? worse?
renegadeiceberg is offline   Reply With Quote