a/c and heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RangerWeaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7L
Since i bought my truck used in august the a/c has not worked and since the temp dropped i found out the the heat doesn't either. It blows air but it seems that it choses the temp a random.
The knob to change the temp is stuck and its po told me that it needed to be refilled with freon.

Any help would be appreciated

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How can you tell that the a/c and the heat both don't work if the knob to change the temp is stuck in one spot? For the heating concern, check the coolant level. Make sure there is no air in the system. Feel both the hoses that go to the heater in the cab. See if they are both hot after the truck has been warmed up to start with.

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
Try to purge and flush your heater core. Check the heater core lines for cracking or any other signs of wear. Try to take the dash bezel off and get to the temp knob and spray some WD40 to see if it loosens it up we FL boys have issues with our stuff rusting faster so WD40 is a good buddy of ours.

OP
OP
RangerWeaver

RangerWeaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7L
Try to purge and flush your heater core. Check the heater core lines for cracking or any other signs of wear. Try to take the dash bezel off and get to the temp knob and spray some WD40 to see if it loosens it up we FL boys have issues with our stuff rusting faster so WD40 is a good buddy of ours.

Since my dash is gone I just lifted up the cloth cover. Found out that the know would not turn due to the po leaving a wrench in the dash.

Also I refilled the freon.

The a/c works now but the compressor clutch is extremely loud. I can hear it from inside the cab with my tunes blasting.

codered

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 QCSB
Engine
magnum 5.9/360
Since my dash is gone I just lifted up the cloth cover. Found out that the know would not turn due to the po leaving a wrench in the dash.

Also I refilled the freon.

The a/c works now but the compressor clutch is extremely loud. I can hear it from inside the cab with my tunes blasting.
Huh, time for a new clutch assembly. Since you live in tarpon springs it rarely gets cold down there. Here to the north it gets as low as 5*F, so a heater is vital for me.

OP
OP
RangerWeaver

RangerWeaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7L
Huh, time for a new clutch assembly. Since you live in tarpon springs it rarely gets cold down there. Here to the north it gets as low as 5*F, so a heater is vital for me.

I used to live in Lancaster Pennsylvania. I plan on moving back soon