A/C mystery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok idk when this started but it was about the end of May, so I used the vents to cool my truck off(not the a/c). After a minute the air was cooler than normal, I thought that was weird but I had also topped my coolant off and burped out air so I thought that was the case. No it wasn't. It was blowing just as cold as my a/c and I always had water underneath my truck even when the knob wasn't on a/c. I checked to see if the clutch was running on face/feet vents and it wasn't. So I was stumped. Pulled the a/c fuse, of course it never worked. I'm thinking it's my clutch on the compressor, but here's the weird thing. Today I was still curious on the situation, I went thru all the vent positions, the a/c not only worked on a/c vents but also the face/feet, feet, and defrost position. What's up with that??? Never had this happen before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
^That. Start the truck, set it to whatever you had it set on and look at the center of the clutch, if it's turning, it's engaged

OP
OP
1SilverBullet2

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No guys trust me I know when the clutch is engaged or disengaged lol I can hear the clutch kick in and out when I switch vents.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963