Cracked dash removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billydflnc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My '97 has cracked dash ..... Surprise surprise. How difficult is it to replace the top of the dash yourself? Do you have to get the part from the dealer?

fonzyn75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
im pretty sure you have to remove the entire dashboard in order to get to the screws that holds the cover on.

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No the whole dash don't have to be removed. By the time you get done it might feel that way but it's fairly easy. LMC truck has dash replacement parts.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 (5.2)
Cracked dash also!

I just bought a 2001 Ram 1500 and my dash is pretty much destroyed. LMC & EBay do have replacement parts but trying to get to the dash top and remove/replace it appears to be almost impossible. My truck has a dash cover on it but it was set in place with clear silicone and everything underneath is pretty much in pieces and I didn't notice it until I removed the cracked gauge bezel. There has to be some sort of repair order from the Dodge boys unless they decided to let us come by and buy their overpriced replacement parts. HELP!!!!!

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Dash

I'm not quite sure how the dash comes out but after looking for a replacement I found on CarId there's a dash kit made by REMIN thats not too pricey, has a ton of options, and I'm not 100% sure but it MIGHT be a full replacement. If it's not a dash cover will take care of seeing the rest of the dash. It's not TOO pricey either.