Custom Cup Holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
OK guys been tossing the idea around of a custom cup holder and console. Anybody seen some made. I was thinking of making one to just fit in place of the cupholder but would go to the floor and be able to house my power inverter, CB, cups and a spot for my tablet. What material do you think is best.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
here's a sneak peak of my work in progress lol

61e5bfc4-bd1a-342b.jpg

my cup holder has been broken since I can't remember. obviously not done with it but till I get some more time, have a cup holder :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
^thats pretty neat

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
T-bone.
I have a brand new set of cup holders I never used. Pm me

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Codes looks like its gonna turn out good.

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
what about those add on cup holder for the center armrest/console any one have one of them in their truck?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
tony, mdf is probably your best bet

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Well fellas mine isn't broken yet. But it sure is ******* me off shaking and trying to spill my drinks constantly. Since I work out of my truck now a nice little command center would be nice. Thats actually what I"m looking at making. But putting it in the cup holder location. I like yours codes. I would have to add in some stuff to it but I like it. Wanna put in a tablet holder for my xoom too.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Thanks guys, ill start a thread for it once its completed, the cupholder is done which was the main concern, gonna look to spiff it up when I have some more time. I used mdf. Tested the cupholders out today and they worked great :D yeah I would suggest cutting your old one out and puttin something in its place. gives you quite a bit of space. I also left the bottom hollow so I can lift up the cup holder board up and I have a "secret compartment" lol Ill post pics in my thread when I finish. Its def doable!

just a side note if you take your cupholders out, its just some screws etc but part of it is being held up top and you have to remove the bezel to get to it, and I wasnt gonna mess with that fragile thing so I just cut the two tabs with a dremel.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
thanks man really appreciate that, it's gonna look alot better soon. lots of fit and cut, fit and cut lol

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Ok well where do you get this material? I actually have a thought to use my existing holder but I will be making the holder part of the base. I just have to find the material. I would like to cover it in tan carpet to match the interior. Any thoughts on that?

Sent from my apple torching Droid.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
what about those add on cup holder for the center armrest/console any one have one of them in their truck?

I've got one in mine and really like it. It'll hold the route 44 drinks from sonic like a champ lol

markat

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997. Many mods. New leafs 5/1, CAI, Heddmans, magflo exhaust, pioneerAVH-p6300, bilsteins,
Engine
5.9L
I just bought one. Looks good ( except its black no int color) and practical, no spilled coffee. Only poblem is lid on console will not shut. I was told to shim the latch but have yet to explore finding a way to get inside for access. Any ideas

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I had to turn the rod that's on the bottom of the half o the console a little over a full turn before it would shut like it used to

markat

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997. Many mods. New leafs 5/1, CAI, Heddmans, magflo exhaust, pioneerAVH-p6300, bilsteins,
Engine
5.9L
Thanks. I did not know it would turn, too easy, who would have thought.

Hotroder383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 or 5.2 which ever you want
Codes, I was lookin at doin the same but useing the bottom as a speaker box for a single ten. Nothin loud just a little bump for my heavy metal! I'm not sure about runnin the sides up the dash though, to be honest I'm not that great when working with wood, metal is much easier for me LOL.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
well my dad and me tackled it, took us a good part of the day because the right side of the floor is sloped more than the left so it took alot of cut and measureing and fitting. if your gonna try to fit a sub down there you might have to make the bottom bigger at the bottom because based off of mine i dont think theres exactly enough room for a sub, as far as recommended space for the sub. Im sure you could fit on though if you wanted to bad enough lol we ran it up the sides and into the dash so it would be stable and sturdy. as it sits its not going anywhere unless someone takes a sledge hammer to it. Thats whats leaving me wondering how the hell to carpet it because to get good coverage I need to take it out but then id have to disassemble it...so then there would be screw holes..

Hotroder383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 or 5.2 which ever you want
Ya I see your problem there. I'm going to have to take some time an look at my seats as I am thinking about securing it under the seats as well as an amp. I may go with an 8" sub but I have 2 ten's and 2 12's so I'd hate to have to buy somethin.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
yeah I feel ya man, I'm selling two 12's because there's just no space for them under the back seat, they need 1 cf each and there's just no way unless I do some fiberglassing or something.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963