custom cup holders are done!! (pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I'll try to draw something up next time I'm on a computer
Think of halo rings around the cup holders. You could make it look clean by routing the wire from the edge to the cup holder and cup holder to cup holder by routing it underneath.
Drill two small holes(maybe on an angle, I can't remember how well it bends) side by side, bring the wire up through one, around the ring and back down through the other hole

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
ahhh, okay gotch ya

hmmm, I'll have to start tossing ideas around on that...

got a few, might try something tomorrow if I have time!

Tapatalk Addict

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Very nice bud .. I like it

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
thanks guys, appreciate the comments

Tapatalk Addict

Hotroder383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 or 5.2 which ever you want
That looks awsome wish my holder was dwon low like yours. Mine is up over the radio =/ still gonna tackle the sub box/cup holder idea now that I have plenty of free time on my hands. Think I am just gonna buy an 8" sub though as i dont want alot of thump any more LOL

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
thanks! I'm sure you can get something together man, if you need any ideas brainstorming hit me up.

and yeah I think 8 is a good way to go and it's small enough you could get it into that's pace your talking about and it would still have the required space to bump.

if I didn't get my probox I was planning on getting a nice 8 and making my own box for it lol an 8 would compliment the music alot I think :)

Tapatalk Addict

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very nicely done! I think that looks great! I like the added storage upfront too.
(funny, because I like storage, yet hate having stuff in my truck, I find it just rattles and annoys me)

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Very nicely done! I think that looks great! I like the added storage upfront too.
(funny, because I like storage, yet hate having stuff in my truck, I find it just rattles and annoys me)

lol yeah it's really convenient, there's also storage under, I'll have to get a pic! I was gonna just paint the storage area but the fabric was easier to work with then I thought it would be so we carpeted the whole thing lol

Tapatalk Addict

talon6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 QCSB 4X4
Engine
supercharged 5.9
i like it. u and your dad did a nice job.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
So iv come to the conclusion that I will def need to light it up in some way because tonight on the highway the cupholder worked great but I had to find it when I took my cup out lol it didnt help that its a dark highway, so not a problem in the city, but hey it would look pretty cool with lights so why the hell not :D When I go home in 2 weeks Ill get cracking on it.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
ahh okay I gotch ya, yeah thats a good visual lol Ill have to see what I can do. Im wondering how I could attach it without taking away from the clean look of the carpet.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Depending on how tight the carpet is you could stitch it in with fishing line that way you wouldnt be able to really see it.
Maybe check into how people make the tron suits and stuff.
Last resort would just try a thin bead of glue, not sure if fabric glue would leave the blotches super glue would

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
the stitching is an idea, your chalked full of good ideas man lol I'll have to look into that for sure

Tapatalk Addict

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
The stuffs called elwire to, you might have better luck looking for it then glowire
I bet you could make it look really cool outlined with the lights, it's 2.3mm thick so you could use a 1/10" drill bit and weave inside of the box and route it to where you want to keep it clean
If I had money I would have so much random stuff/projects haha I get weird ideas and they stick in my head till I do them haha

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
The inverter might buzz a little bit. They use a similar one as the ccfl lights I use for my frames, you wouldn't ve able to hear it if you hide it in your dash or somewhere else
I think road noise alone should be louder then the inverter