Is a dash swap possible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chief115

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am aware that 94-97 has a different style dash then 98-2001. IV got a 99 and the dash board has more pieces then a puzzle. Can you swap the entire dash board for the 97 style, or do I have to just have to hold to what I got?

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
jbmobbs may have your info.. i seen he was talking about something similar I think the dash itself will but the wiring wont work as far as i know due to the fact 98 up is obd2 and 97 and before is obd1

KenBerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
ODBII became mandatory in '96 so there is no way that it could prevent a dash swap. The wiring may be completely different, but it's not because of ODBII.

mhylman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's right obd2 started in 1996 and that's what my 97 has. But about the dash everything will bolt in no problem as far as wiring if the headlight switch or the heater panel doesn't have the same plug then you can just splice in New plugs with no problems but the cluster itself you WILL need the wiring and I believe that the cluster runs off a complete different system in the ecu so you can check to see if yours can be flashed but you will probably need to pull an ecu from a 98-01 model which will also need to be flashed to your engine and other systems. Chrysler didn't make the ecu systems plug and play. In my opinion it's not worth it and I personally like my 97 having no passenger side air bag and with a pocket in it

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Thank you guys Like I said I wasn't completely sure on the obd1 vs 2. YAY i learned something haha!

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
Get a 99 model parts truck with a good dash. Cause you will need the dash, vent box, wiring harness, and all that ****. To make it work. I did not succeed yet cause I don't have time.