Gauges aren't working plz help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95bigblack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I had to change out a bulb in my instrument cluster and now only my oil psi gauge works, it is my daily driver and need my gauges to work. Please any help is appreciated.

95 half ton 360 4x4

scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I would first retrace your steps to make sure you didn't break a solder or unplug anything on the board when installing the bulb. Inspect the harness too. You can also check for voltage at the fuse, but I think it's one fuse for the gauges and you said the oil pressure gauge was working...

OP
OP

95bigblack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes seems like fuel and oil pressure work also I noticed that the left side works except the tach. But the odometer voltage and water temp don't read or the right turn signal indicator. I pulled out the cluster and noticed a tear in the circuitry one of the bulbs and also a bulb missing. Can if is it or am I screwed?

scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Tear in the circuitry as in a wire is broke or the solder has broke? Both can be repaired. If it's a broke wire a simple butt splice should do (don't use a scotch lock). If it's a solder then that'll take some skill since soldering on a circuit board can ruin it pretty quickly if you aren't any good at it, like myself. Place some calls to your local junkyards, they might have one laying around or still in a truck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
austmurr