Headliner help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outdoorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
just bought a 1996 2500 and one of the things I need to fix is the headliner , there is none lol the foam or ? is still on the roof but the cloth or what ever is gone . money is very low so id like to fix this but need to do this on the cheap side . what or how have you guys fixed the headliners before ? I cant afford a factory new one so was wondering what materiel you have used and what is the best glue or ? to hold it onto the foam . is it better to take the foam down to put something back on it or would that be a big problem taking it down ? any info or help etc. would be really great , thanks

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Go to any fabric store and pick up some suede material then use some 3M Super 77 or Super 90 spray adhesive to glue the two materials together. If the factory foam is still intact keep it, removing the factory foam can be a real PITA and can look like crap if it's not done properly.

OP
OP
O

outdoorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
so I shouldn't take down the factory foam on the roof ? I just thought it would be easier to glue on the fabric . do they glue the foam to the roof to ? I should have also said this is a reg. cab pickup .

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's not taking it down that is the hard part. It's getting it out of the cab without bending and damaging it.