Headliner and sunvisors in camo??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9L 295 CI Magnum V6 :(
has anyone ever done this??

ive wanted to do this since i got my truck but idk how i would do it or how much fabric i would need?

heres a few pics of someones truck who did it on another forum but hes not responding to any of my PMs

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

oxymoron29

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Dodge Ram Sport
Engine
5.2L
that looks really sweet! i've redone the headliner in my other car, process is pretty straightforward. You'd need to locate a supplier that carries foam-backed camo fabric. from there it's:

1. remove headliner from truck
2. remove old fabric and foam, sand down if need be to make sure the surface is flat. be very careful not to crack the carboard / foam
3. get a good quality headliner adhesive spray, do not cheap out. i've used 3M and have had no issues for 2+ years so far.
4. cut fabric to size, only need a few inches overhang on each end
5. spray 1/2 the headliner at a time with the glue and lay it down from the center outward, careful not to stretch it but at the same time not to have it bunch up
6. do the other side and stick'r back in

there's a bunch of vids of how to do this on youtube, but this is the gist of it. not sure about the visors, however.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
looks good man

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Damit .. now I gotta do this

OP
OP
MvZiC MaN

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damit .. now I gotta do this

You should!!!!! And then you should do a write up on it as well to help other members!!!! Lol I'm hoping to get the stuff after I finish my snorkel

Sent From My HTC Thunderbolt Using Tapatalk

Davy120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
don't let davy120 see this, otherwise i think he would tear out his headliner today...lol

bahahaha i just drooled on my self hahaha definetly gonna have to get this when i get some extra cash, also gonna be doing a lot of hydro dipping **** now that CatchinZ has found a place to get it from for a DIY, should be fun prolly gonna go camo crazy maybe even do my headlights and tailights like i wanted to :D

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
yeah, but david, most people sexify their trucks so that everyone sees them and is like oh wow, that looks good. with all the camo, no one will every see your truck! lol.

oh, and totally called it....

OP
OP
MvZiC MaN

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
bahahaha i just drooled on my self hahaha definetly gonna have to get this when i get some extra cash, also gonna be doing a lot of hydro dipping **** now that CatchinZ has found a place to get it from for a DIY, should be fun prolly gonna go camo crazy maybe even do my headlights and tailights like i wanted to :D

I love how Loki Called this!!!!!! LOL

Davy120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hahaha yea good call loki :) and ok ok i wont go to crazy lol maybe redo the center console with the hyrdodip stuff, black out the pillars and then camo the headliner with black visors. and maybe take apart my old tailights and see how they look camo out and that would prolly be it :p

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
...untill a week later when you look at something else and think "hey, that'd look great like this too!" trust me, its happened to me before. lol

OP
OP
MvZiC MaN

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
...untill a week later when you look at something else and think "hey, that'd look great like this too!" trust me, its happened to me before. lol

I think its happened to all of us before... i Know its happened to me Multiple times

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
happens to me with LEDs...my last truck i did the IC...than a week later ordered every LED bulb for my truck and replaced every single bulb in the damn thing with LEDs...worth it though. lol.

OP
OP
MvZiC MaN

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
that looks really sweet! i've redone the headliner in my other car, process is pretty straightforward. You'd need to locate a supplier that carries foam-backed camo fabric. from there it's:

1. remove headliner from truck
2. remove old fabric and foam, sand down if need be to make sure the surface is flat. be very careful not to crack the carboard / foam
3. get a good quality headliner adhesive spray, do not cheap out. i've used 3M and have had no issues for 2+ years so far.
4. cut fabric to size, only need a few inches overhang on each end
5. spray 1/2 the headliner at a time with the glue and lay it down from the center outward, careful not to stretch it but at the same time not to have it bunch up
6. do the other side and stick'r back in

there's a bunch of vids of how to do this on youtube, but this is the gist of it. not sure about the visors, however.

I have a problem with doing this!!! 90% of the sites im finding that sell the fabric im looking for only sell it in 60" X 36" and the headliner in my truck is 55" long and 40" wide so i need a sheet thats atleast 60" X 42"

js99ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I actually just got done doing this to my truck, still got a few pieces to paint then will post pics.

js99ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Yea i will post them up tuesday night, i still have a few pieces to paint so they dont stick oit like a sore thumd lol. But it realy looks good. I do have one question, does the carpeted sectoin of the door panel come off?? Because i want to do ot also.