Heat/ac not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cdub3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I have seen several post about the heat and ac blowing through the defrost but mine will not blow any heat or ac at all. My good friends just wrecked their family vehicle and I'm going to loan them my truck but I want to fix my heat before they use it with there baby in the backseat. I've check for freon leaks this summer and found nothing. But this winter the heat isn't working. Just blowing air that's it. Any help will be appreciated.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
So, you have no blower at all? No air coming out of the vents?

OP
OP
C

Cdub3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
There is a little air but not hot or cold

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
A little air as in it's not blowing either? Just nothing?

I'm asking you questions to try and better answer your issue. lol

OP
OP
C

Cdub3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
It is blowing air barely but it has no specific temperature. Please ask what you need I want to fix this For my friend

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Okay. First try this: disconnect the blower motor resistor under the dash next to the blower. Now, what this will do is disable all other blower speeds except high. If you get high and it blows well, this means the blower resistor is not working and is keeping the blower from working right.

Now, if it still isn't blowing, you would more likely be looking at the blower or the switch.

As for the heat vs cold problem, that's a blend door problem and I'd say it's stuck at the half way point. The blend door on our 98s are controlled via a cable, not a little motor like the 99+ trucks. Does it sound/feel like anything is moving when you turn the temperature knob?

I failed to mention this earlier but how is your coolant level in your engine? That can affect heater temperatures greatly if it's too low.

OP
OP
C

Cdub3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I will look at all of this and let you know thank you!!!

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Alright. Hopefully we can fix this cheaply. :)