insulation..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
so a while back i changed my headliner for one that was redone in black and noticed there wasnt any insulation on the roof... any suggestions for that and anywhere else in cab that may need it? what about the doors.. the plastic got ripped off when door speakers where changed..

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
None of the cab tops have insulation on them aside from the headliner, the only thing I'll put up there is some vibration dampener but that's it. Most insulation material is too heavy for the adhesive to stay attached to the roof when it gets heated up.

OP
OP
MoparMagic'00

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
mainly looking to try and do a little sound proofing.. rain and hail and such are kinda loud in my opinion..

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
What if you put the insulation on your headliner? :naughty:

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anything you put up there will become a problem. Even spray foam. The roof moves too much and you will end up with a film of insulation stuck to the roof and the rest of it falling down. Maybe a thick rubberized paint would work for sound deadening. I'm thinking like undercoating or bedliner or the like.