Interior do up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Alright so I've basically got my interior gutted. I wanted some suggestions on how to do it up. What can I do for replacing the seats? Are there any good cheap after market seats? Or should I just pick some used OEM ones up? Also I'm thinking about doing my headliner and visors in camo. Is this hard to do? And what are my options for replacing the carpet? I'm not really used to doing interior work like this, so any suggestions or help would be appreciated

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Carpet from LMC is good from what I've heard. No aftermarket seats are going to work well in a truck of this age...especially since you have the integrated seat belt. And oh yeah...when it comes to seats, Good and Cheap DO NOT EVER go hand in hand. If you want good and comfy, you're gonna drop some serious change on them.
Camo'ing the headliner and visors isn't bad, just tedious.

What is wrong with your seats, btw? Cushions? You could just redo the seat cushion on the driver's side....or go to the yard and pick up a matching passenger cushion off a truck out there and swap it. :D

And I'd seriously suggest to mat this thing, top to bottom. You ain't gettin' any younger, buddy! :Moon:

OP
OP
BlackMagnum2000

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
My seats just have rips in them, and my dad mentioned getting new ones while they're out.
And I'm very close to buying the stuff to do the camo.

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
Personally I find the 2nd gen seats to be really comfy. I would just replace the cushion padding with new. For headliner I'd like to hear how well those ABS plastic headliners hold up. It would be real easy to just camo dip them. Camoing your visors, headliners, etc is real easy. You just buy some fabric adhesive and camo fabric lay it over whatever you want to cover and tuck the leftover behind. As DD94 said LMC has carpet if ya want it.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
My seats just have rips in them, and my dad mentioned getting new ones while they're out.
And I'm very close to buying the stuff to do the camo.

How badly ripped up? The backs too? If they're really buggered up then yeah, try to find some seats in a yard that are in good shape with working seat belts.

OP
OP
BlackMagnum2000

BlackMagnum2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Not too bad. Idk really. I might just leave it.
On another note has anyone seen camo gauge faces for our trucks ?

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
I think you will be surprised at how easy it is to replace the carpet. I did mine in an old chevy I had. If you choose to replace the carpet, run any speaker wiring or power cables early so they can be tucked and easy to hide. Headliners and materials are pretty easy, whats not fun repairing seats.