Interior lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
I'm looking to freshen up the interior of my truck, I'm going to put in led some lights and such but I want to make my cluster and vent controls ice blue but I'm not sure how many bulbs I need to do so, anyone else know?

Hot Ducer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure on the 2001, but on my 03 SLT there are 3 in the AC controls and 11 behind the cluster. Also I replaced the greens with white and they came out blue.

2003 1500 QuadCab 5.7 4x4

OP
OP
J

JMikk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
Get a pack of 10 and you'll have extras

Thanks bud, do you happen to know about the ash tray, cup holder and glove box light bulbs? I have no idea what size they are to replace them

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
194 bulb.

Check out superbrightleds.com, not the greatest place to buy little interior bulbs because of price but great way to find out bulb numbers

True. They're high, but way more reliable and brighter

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
I gotta vouch for superbright. I've replaced the dome, cupholder, headlights, fogs, brake, and bed lights. They are all nice and bright (you gotta dink around on their website a bit to find the really bright fogs, otherwise you get some dim bulbs that are more fit for interior lighting than fog lamps.

I've had a couple problems with them, and their warranty service is great. One of the bulbs was DOA, and they got a new one to me in 3 days. The cupholder bulb started failing due to heat (you cant just shove it into the stock bulb holder I found out) and they got the replacement to me in 4 days. Both times at no cost to me. Now i've got to send back one of the voltage converters for my headlights as the diode bridge inside has failed, one of the diodes has shorted (kind of my fault, but they said they'd cover it).

You can only get white or cool white which are about 5K and 6.7K, for headlamps though. You can get a myriad of colors for interior lighting however.

Sure they are more expensive, but i'd bought a 10 pack off Amazon before I found superbright, and I went through 4 bulbs in one month in my dome light and cupholder. Its only a couple dollars per bulb for interior.