Just recovered my headliner, how about the visors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Just recovered my headliner and i want to do the visors to match. What have you guys done? Leaving the stock material on them will look terrible and is not an option for me.

Attachments

• Headliner.jpg
    Headliner.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,774
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I re-did my visors before my headliner (still a work in progress). I re-did the visors in a black vinyl from Wally World that had a fuzzy backing. If you want a seamless look you have to take the visor apart... fair warning you will probably damage the visor doing this because they over did it with the glue at the factory. The part you could possibly damage is the part next to the side window (looking at it from drivers seat the left side of the visor). Same with passenger side. After I damaged mine I cut the damaged side(left) to match the curve of the right side, turned out really good.

Also, I normally lean to the right when I drive and haven't had any vision problems while using the visor... but you may if you sit straight or lean to the left

I used a sharp knife and razors to cut the visor open, removed staples from the original covering holding it to the visor cardboard, scrapped away the glue/old covering, cut the vinyl with 1/2" over on the edges, put a thin layer of 3M Super Adhesive to the main flat areas, let dry, folded the vinyl over and cut small triangular sections of it to fold the vinyl (stops kinks/bulges forming) and then applied the same adhesive while working very slowly and letting it dry, then applied the same adhesive and folded the visor together and stuck a book on top of it and let it sit over night.

Note - the 3M adhesive I used was a very wet adhesive, I had to apply it and let it dry for 5 to 10 minutes before laying the vinyl on

brianh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Nice job on the headliner! I just finished mine a couple days ago. I haven't decided if I'm going to do the visors yet because the tan doesn't look too bad with the camo. Good luck with that if you decide to go for it.

Attachments

• dodge headliner resized.jpg
    dodge headliner resized.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 470

clownprince

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum V8
Where did you guys get the fabric large enough to do the headliner? This is something that I have wanted to do but have not been able to find

BatteringRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
those look pretty good, any trick to removing the headliner?

MWest208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
I just replaced my headliner this weekend in total it cost me $39. (Single cab)
Materials
2 yards headliner fabric (found at jo anns fabric, went with black they had grey and tan)
3m spray adhesive

For my 95 1500 I took the console, visor, dome light, emergency handle off. Then you take the 2 a pillar posts off, no screw they just pop out.
If everything off the ceiling is undone, the front of the headliner board should drop down.
From there I tore off the old fabric sprayed the board with adhesive, laid the new fabric down. Smoothed it out. Let it sit 30 minutes, started trimming it out for the various pieces. Then installed it back in.
Looks like it was factory installed