Manual to Electric windows?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Magnum 239
What all do I need to convert it over? I know I will need the motor and the switches, along with the door panel to match it. So what else? 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Base model

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Someone makes a motorized add on for manual windows. I'm not sure who but I will try to find the website for ya later. It's about $150 if I remember right.

Muddytazz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500HD 4x4
Engine
Hemi baby
He would still need the wiring harness that goes from the hinge pillar to wherever the other end goes and all the relays and such.

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For $150 I could pull two electric doors from the junkyard lol

http://www.electric-life.com/images/POWER CRANK SWITCH lrg.JPG

I don't know if they fit dodge, but I don't see why not. This would be easier, IMO, than replacing interior door trim, window regulator w/motor , switches , and like Jeff said Relays and wiring harness.

I can't swear by this product because I have never used it. I contemplated doing what OP wants to do. I found this when I was looking for alarms/remote start.

JStrag3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol, I'd be nervous of someone going to turn the handle without realizing it was power and breaking it.