Manual Shift knobs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

streak379

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2
Is there any good place to get a shift knob that is actually threaded to fit my 01. I have tried those cheap ones with the set screws and they suck.

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Probably...take some nuts and find the size thread your stick is and then look for a knob with the proper threaded adapter sleeve.
Hurst or B&M probably have a T-handle or Pistolgrip availible.

Faniman57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
I tried to pry off the little cover with gear numbers on it and busted it. Looking for a shift knob as well.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I should pry that off too, it drives me nuts watching it spin around every so often

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 5 Speed
Yea, those set screws suck. I got one with the set screws and just modded it in about 5 min.

This is just for the 6 shooter knob since it has the screw off top or any others that has the screw off top

I screwed the top off of the knob and drilled a hole just big enough for the shaft to fit through. Then I put some Gorilla tape around the shaft near where the bottom of the knob would seat. Slide the knob onto the shaft and put a couple washers and the original nut on. I tightend it until it snugged down onto the gorilla tape pretty good and trimmed off whatever gorilla tape was still visible (I still have more to trim off, Bottom pic). Then screwed cap back on top of knob.

I have had the knob on for a few weeks now and it has not come loose one bit. Still as firm as the day I put it on. Just wanted to toss that out there.

DSCN2377.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCN2380.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sorry this one is a little blurry but you can see some tape I still need to trim off the bottom.

DSCN2382.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]