More LED fun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Spent the past couple nights swapping done more LEDs into my truck.

I started with replacing the factory green LEDs in my window/lock buttons

na7ypuny.jpg

e3ujemyp.jpg

uzuzapu7.jpg

usa9y3ep.jpg

ne9a9ura.jpg

They turned out brighter than I thought they would and I think I'm going to try and dim them down a bit later but I love the new blue look.

OP
OP
98hemi-ram

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also swapped the factory illuminated ignition "ring" build with a blue LED. I had to add a resistor into the line for this one to work since there is no built in one and the LED will just blow without the resistor. (Ask me how I know lol)

I used a spare ignition switch from another steering column I had as my test run so I didn't have to screw the one it my truck up.

munusy7a.jpg

The finished product is much cleaner than my original test.

qyma4y8a.jpg

unu2y7e8.jpg

Before and after

pydatyja.jpg

y8uduzeg.jpg

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Love both of those LED swaps, just to afraid to do such massive swaps to my doors let alone ignition! Lol

OP
OP
98hemi-ram

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ignition one could probably be done easier than the way I did it if you get a straight replacement bulb for it. The stock bulb just twists and pulls out the pop the bulb out of the socket and away you go. Worst thing that can happen is that ring stops working. You don't have to touch any of the actual ignition parts.

As far as the door switches go they are were a PITA to get the old solder off so I could get the original bulbs out. But if you can solder it alright you shouldn't have a problem.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice work. I'm really glad that my '13 has a nice sky blue LED interior.
Looks wonderful, and dims down very nicely!

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn very cool might be on my list of mods if I am bored this winter.

OP
OP
98hemi-ram

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the compliments guys.

Nice work. I'm really glad that my '13 has a nice sky blue LED interior.
Looks wonderful, and dims down very nicely!

Nice I didn't know the 13's came with a blue interior that's pretty sweet. That's one thing I wish mine did was dim down but when I put my LEDs in all I get is on or off now.

Last edited:

2001RebelDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Installed led turn signals and lights on my 01. When I did my dash lights stopped working. What could have caused this to happen?

Austin On The Coast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 5.9
Ah nice, thanks for the link, i wanna do this and just put a thread but found this. Looks like a fun conversion and i might do something cool like the uv blacklight in the ashtray, cup holder, glove box, will do Dome in cool white probably. How did you find ones for you window switch?

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
If you find a tiny blacklight I'll be intrigued.

Austin On The Coast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 5.9
I found ones for the indicator lights on the dash like, engine check, direction signal, not a dash gauge light though. They have it for a bunch of stuff, like Dome light but idk if id do that blacklight lol

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I found ones for the indicator lights on the dash like, engine check, direction signal, not a dash gauge light though. They have it for a bunch of stuff, like Dome light but idk if id do that blacklight lol

Links or die!

:greenchainsaw:

OP
OP
98hemi-ram

98hemi-ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ah nice, thanks for the link, i wanna do this and just put a thread but found this. Looks like a fun conversion and i might do something cool like the uv blacklight in the ashtray, cup holder, glove box, will do Dome in cool white probably. How did you find ones for you window switch?

Window switches are just a 3mm component LED I ordered from superbrightleds. I think I might try swapping everything out for red at some point this summer. I love the blue but there just so damn bright! Lol plus I've had the blue for a few years now and want to try something else.

The black light idea sounds kinda cool I'd like to see how it turns out.