New headliner plus painting the headliner/top pieces

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin On The Coast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 5.9
hey guys, exactly what it says, took my headliner off so i can do smoked cab lights but i also decided to do my headliner in matching camo (outside of truck) Mossy Oak Break Up, easy enough to pop everything off, lay the 2 yards of fabric over the headliner and glue then trim some, its sitting now til tomoorw where i will fix any spots that need extra adhesive (i used an old can of elmers adhesive spray my Grandmother had) and i spray painted my parts for the headliner black with a flat black then a black lacquer. looks sweet so far cant wait to see it tomorrow

Attachments

• IMAG2605[1].jpg
    IMAG2605[1].jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 2,132
  • IMAG2606[1].jpg
    IMAG2606[1].jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 326
  • IMAG2607[1].jpg
    IMAG2607[1].jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 217
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Do you have a quad cab? I am planning to replace my headliner soon. How wide was the fabric? Do I need it 60" wide?

Brian

HighTechRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
Preferably you do want it like that wide, usually an extra 4" on each side, and 6" extra front & rear as a rule of thumb. Because you need to overlap it. I got mine to almost exact measurements, and there is a tiny little piece on the passenger side that you can see the foam, so don't skimp. And buy 3M glue, not the cheap crap. I have a corner that is starting to sag because I used the AutoZone Brand, but then again AZ heat does that...

Forgot to post mine as well, so you know how it looks:

Before:
DSCF0059.jpg

After:
DSCF0067.jpg

And about 2 weeks ago built a switch panel for my offroad lights, so painted the console and visors to match (the visors were the vinyl type ones, not cloth)
DSCF0227.jpg

Make sure to use paint designated for plastic / vinyl, and clean it beforehand. And only reason why overhead console looks splotchy is because I had a tiny bit of residue from Di-electric grease from those switches. (Picture was taken immediately after install)

And sorry about the last pic being bad, only pic I have of it right now, but you get the idea.