Overhead console delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am replacing my headliner and I am thinking about deleting the console. Has anybody does this? I am thinking that I could use something to cover the hole where the console is and just cover it with the fabric.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
Most people want to add the console,
however what you are talking about could be done however the fabric there would look thin as there would be nothing but air behind it. best bet for that is to get another headliner without it, or cut a piece of another headliner to mostly fill that open space.

OP
OP
nuts4hotwheels
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am planning to use something like thin rigid plastic to cover the gap. My console is broken and I don't use it anyway.

Brian

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
I picked up a new to me one from a salvage yard for 12.99
just installed it last night. what you are saying seems like a reasonable idea to cover the hole, also if your lights don't work I know a guide to fix them

OP
OP
nuts4hotwheels
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have seen the guides to fix the lights but the door for sunglasses is broke as well and zip tied closed

Brian

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
yes the sunglass thing is a pain my truck did not even have one when I bought it, I got a new oem mopar one for $32. expensive but I like OEM

OP
OP
nuts4hotwheels
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I ended up wiring the lights on a toggle switch and repainting console and it looks good. The headliner turned out pretty good as well