part id and how to put back together

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Dodge Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
I was looking to take a picture of the actuator that is in front of this this since the dealership gave me the wrong actuator to replace it and I decided to pull this part like a ******** and now I don't know how it goes back together. I have tried for hrs to keep it together but the spring just pushes it apart.
Worst of all I don't even know what this part does and my fuel pump is shot. I don't think this part is to blame but I would really like to have it back together so I can work on getting my fuel pump fixed. Any help would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
O

Old Dodge Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
it is located directly behind the glove box. Remove the glove box and you would see it would be direct center if the glove box is removed

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I might take my glovebox out today and see what it is, if my rig even has it.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
I think all that is, is your antenna wire for the am/fm radio. This will have zero effect on your fuel pump.

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
^+1 Looks like the antenna wire for the radio. Your radio stations work at all? If not thats why lol. Plugs into the back of the head unit, if thats what it is.

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Yep, stupid spring loaded antenna connection. Take the spring out, put it back together, wrap it in a little electrical tape, forget it ever happened.