power seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
so, if my ram doesn't have power seats, but I get a chair from a ram that did, could the swap be made??

Tapatalk Addict

cwakefld

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would also like to know the answer to this. Had never thought about it, but now that you mention it....

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Check and see if there is a plug under your seat...if so I think you can. Not 100% tho

Hotroder383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 or 5.2 which ever you want
Seat, switch and power all you need. Well that and bolt the seat down =)~ which come to think of it may be your biggest problem, if I rember right they use different rails so may have diff mounting spots? Maybe, cant see factory changing too much that would cost them too much money LOL

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I would think the mounting positions would be the same. then just would need to have power there.

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
sweeeeet will have to search for some :D

Tapatalk Addict

Howells

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
it wont just plug in, and depending on the year the wiring is different. even for the seat belts, my truck is a 99 and i put 2001 power leather seats in and my seat belt light is always on now, i just fixed it by removing led in the dash...good luck. not a fan of power seats i ended up just transferring the cushions on to my manual bases..

OP
OP
the codes

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
hmm thanks for the info man

Tapatalk Addict

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Put 05 laramie power leather in my 03. although I did not have the same plug in my floor to match the new seat set-up, all the wires required for the job where contained in my 03 harness. Some trouble shooting later I matched up the wires and had everything working but I had to plan the wiring colours/etc onto a homemade sheet and now probably could never interpret what I drew, ha, ha, but yes it can be done. Have not yet hooked up the heated seats but have the switches from an 07 positioned in the dash and have extra wires in my harness for the application. Will take some planning and testing but in the end will be sooo nice. Good luck.

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
It is definitely a doable project. I have done it in a couple Chevy's, and one nice thing about them is even the ones with stock bench seats, the floors already have the dimples for where to drill to install buckets. And half the time they already have nuts welded in place for the threads. Idk about dodges, but i do know that it is 100% possible, and if you have the full seat, should bolt in, even if you have to drill a couple new holes, they should be easy to find where to drill em. as for the wiring, grab a wire diagram online and start playing with the plug. If you a decent electrician (ie, you know how to do it, but don't do it on a regular basis,) you should be able to figure out how to wire everything up pretty easily. I am by no means an electrician, but i am confident that with enough time i can wire up anything perfectly! i'd say do the swap, but make sure everything works first, as these motors for the seats are known to go out. Mine needs to be rebuilt. thats for sure. lol