power window questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepcj469

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello i have a 1997 ram with manual windows and horrible doors so i bought a set of doors off a 2001 sport that has power windows can anyone give me any advice on making the widows work? Can i wire them in or make them there own harness? Its a 2 door if that helps.
Thanks in advance

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
single cab?

are you wanting to have power windows?

If not you can just switch out the manual window regulator handle and door panels over to the other doors.

OP
OP
J

jeepcj469

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Single cab yes. Sorry i forgot to add that. And yes if possible id really like to keep the windows and locks as the trucks so wide its not easy to reach the other side.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
Power locks probly be more of a pain to make work, but youll need power and grounds, and run it to both sides of the truck as well to make both work together.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have had the door panels off of my 97 also and the bundle of wires in the harness inside the door is crazy. There are so many wires I don't know where you would start since your truck didn't have electric windows and locks from the factory.

OP
OP
J

jeepcj469

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power locks probly be more of a pain to make work, but youll need power and grounds, and run it to both sides of the truck as well to make both work together.
Hello i talked to a someone that does this stuff in a diffrent field and he took the diagrams from the 2001 service manual and said it shouldnt be bad to make a new harness you were right he said power and ground and connect side to side and ill have windows and locks without cutting into the factory harness from the truck only the doner truck