Seat belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
I'm looking to replace the seats but the seat belts are attached to the factory seat. :flipthebird:
Any suggestions on how to install a new seat belt?

I have leather power heated buckets from a RT Durango.
I'd still like a shoulder belt.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It would require cutting your rear door panels but you could retrofit some club cab seat belts in there.

OP
OP
Jimmy68

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
I was thinking of that but in the event of a accident if I lost the door.... That would suck to be tied to it.
Thinking the roof where the door latch is. Maybe drill through it and the the roof and use a bolt.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was thinking of that but in the event of a accident if I lost the door.... That would suck to be tied to it.
Thinking the roof where the door latch is. Maybe drill through it and the the roof and use a bolt.

If you're in the kind of an accident where that door was ripped off, a seat belt probably won't do you much good anyway.
I'm not big on drilling through roofs lol but I'm sure you could pull it off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jimmy68

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
If you're in the kind of an accident where that door was ripped off, a seat belt probably won't do you much good anyway.
I'm not big on drilling through roofs lol but I'm sure you could pull it off.

Maybe. But the thought of it is bad. I'd have to mount both upper and lower to the door.
I'd rather not.
Maybe I'll weld a mount to the roof and poke it through the liner. Guess I gotta pull the liner and look. I'm painting anyway.

If the door got ripped off I'd rather not be attached to it.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe. But the thought of it is bad. I'd have to mount both upper and lower to the door.

I'd rather not.

Maybe I'll weld a mount to the roof and poke it through the liner. Guess I gotta pull the liner and look. I'm painting anyway.

If the door got ripped off I'd rather not be attached to it.

There is a "sub" roof system above the headliner, but in the event of an accident, I'm not too sure I trust the integrity of the sheet metal. Maybe a reinforcement brace between roof and sub roof?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn