seat belt mod ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebel-one-1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Hi first timer here, i have a 1998 ram extra cab that the back doors open. i was wandering if anyone have ever tried or seen someone that has removed the seat belts from the seats and moved them to the doors ? i know the ones in the seats wouldn't work, but buying ones from a extra cab that the doors didn't open on, and modifying them. I know the safety may be compromised, but if its bolted in should work? :happy160: something to think about?

Howells

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Depends where the sensor is for seat belts if there is one. I swaped seats out of a 01 to my 99 and I can't remember but on one of the trucks the sensor was in the belt retractor and the other in the buckle. I used my seat brackets as I didn't want power. Just something to think about as you might have a seat belt light on all the time. I just ended up cutting the led out of the dash. Lol