Seat Extension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bearhog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone ever tried to move their seat back beyond the standard adjustment to gain more leg room? There is a company called extendmyseat.com that produces brackets for this purpose but does not offer one for our trucks, or any trucks for that matter. I have a std cab but there is still plenty of room behind the seat for some extension. I dont have any tools for metal work so building one is not an option.

Just looking for a solution so I can enjoy the truck even more!

Thanks

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm just curious. I'm 6'4 but only have a 32" inseam.
I have my seat a few clicks forward from all the way back.

Do you have manual seats or power? If they're manual, I bet you can just remove the front 'stops' from the rails which would allow the seat to adjust back further.

Legal Notice: I do not recommend nor condone the alteration of factory designed parts, this could be dangerous and cause unforeseen side effects that ruin the safety or legality of your truck.

Jsinclair92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
I hate to resurrect this post guys but I stumbled across it. I am pretty tall and have always wanted to somehow change the bracket to be able to slide my seat back further. Is it possible for a drivers seat that isn't manual?

Ramunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm 6'6 and if I put my seat all the way back I can barely reach the steering wheel. Lol. Are you sure its not stuck?

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
I am 6'8" as well and I was wondering about this myself. The thing is I think the steering wheel would be to far way at least for me, needs a telescoping wheel. I think their is some differences between models with seat travel though. I sat in a Big Horn quad cab with the captains chairs and I had three fingers width between the dash and my shins, on my current sport I only have about 1 1/2 fingers width of clearance. Its not a huge deal but I'm wondering if the tracks or stops are different.

Jsinclair92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 318
I'm 6'6 and if I put my seat all the way back I can barely reach the steering wheel. Lol. Are you sure its not stuck?

I'm about your height and I'm too close to the steering wheel for comfort even with the seat all the way back. It's not stuck or anything. My truck is an 01 quad cab, the seat probably doesn't go back as far as your 05.