Seatbelt replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
I have a 99 Dodge Ram 1500 extended cab after replacing my seat covers both front seatbelts wouldn't retract. I tried shaking the box under center console it didn't help. Checked all connections also. Then I removed seat covers and tried to make them work manually like the video on you tube. The right side will retract if u can get it to come out usually takes ten minutes to work the belt out far enough to go around you. The left side will come out just enough to latch but will not retract. Would it be better to replace with ones from a junkyard or would i have to buy new ones. I want them to work cause we take it on a lot of family get a ways.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Replace them if you have any doubts. Seat belts are nothing to play with especially when family's involved. Belts out of a junk yard would be fine but make sure they work before you buy them.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
Do you have the Quad cab rear doors? Is the seatbelt built into the seats? or is it on the cab?

They can be replaced either way with new or junkyard ones.

OP
OP
Joe w.

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
They are in seats. I don't have quad rear doors wish I did tho would be easier for family getting in and out. Do you know if my box under center console would work with ones from junkyard or would I need to get the box that goes with them.

OP
OP
Joe w.

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Replace them if you have any doubts. Seat belts are nothing to play with especially when family's involved. Belts out of a junk yard would be fine but make sure they work before you buy them.

Do you know how much new ones would costs

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
For brand new you would have to go to dealer, or buy from someplace online,
from a parts yard, probably about $30 for all the ones youd need

OP
OP
Joe w.

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Update went to junkyard this morning and got two seatbelts for for my truck and got them in and they work great. Had to take my old ones out of my seat and put new ones in.