seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kaneram98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
how hard is it to re-do the whole interior? the truck is red, the interior is tan. i want it grey but not sure where to start to do it myself

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I wouldn't say it's "hard", just massively time consuming. Basically, if you've got a couple three weekends and some cash you can do it. The two hardest parts are probably going to be doing the dash and/or pulling the carpet.

leadrofthepak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On a positive note, grey is by far the most common interior color on the 2nd gen rams so parts are plentiful! If your tan interior is in good condition, I would wager that you could sell it for a tiny bit more than you could buy the grey set for. As DD94 said the dash is a royal pita, the carpet isn't too bad once you have everything else out. If you are stripping it down that far I recommend laying down a sound deadening material before you install new carpet.

Dodge96Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
If you go with sound deadening, wont waste your money on dynomat or any of the other high priced stuff. It's just tar with a foil coating. Found this at Home Depot, it's called quick roof. Cheap and does the same thing the high dollar stuff does. Bet i could have told you it was the high dollar stuff and you wouldn't know any better. No this is not a ram, this is my Jeep. Just showing how i did it.

Attachments

• Jeep 1.jpg
    Jeep 1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Jeep 2.jpg
    Jeep 2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Jeep 3.jpg
    Jeep 3.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 33

gunner1374

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
May check out Coverking seats on Amazon. I got both buckets and center console for $153.00 with shipping. Just a thought. Also, fabric and leather dye comes in a spray can from Autozone and looks good when done right. The dash will not even need to be taken out. I did it on an old mustang years ago and looked like new. I didnt like the ligth gray interior, so I made it two tone black top and dark gray bottom with a red pinstripe between. Cost was less than $200 with the seats. Good luck