Seats wont move

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biglou

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Hi all, new here. I just bought a 96 Ram 2500 club cab, i guess thats the right term for a extended cab?

Anyway, the only big issue I have with the trucks is neither front seat, both manual, will move forward or back. Is this a common issue? Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks all

BigLou

Mopars-Only

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9L V6
Just purchased a `99 Ram 1500, very basic truck. My seats were also stuck in position, neither would move. I sprayed the mechanisms, especially the pivots on the latches along the seat rails with WD40 penetrant, some new stuff I got not too long ago. It loosened them up enough that they would move some, and as I moved and oiled them some more they became normal, both seats move easily now. This took about thirty minutes to complete, most of the time was allowing the penetrant to seep into the places it needed to be. I think the real issue was the seat had not been moved in years, and nothing on this truck has been lubed. The pivots were just a little frozen. If you have some good penetrant, try it on the pivots for the seat rail latches, it worked well on my `99.

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
they are operated by lever to move the catch.. the catch has a wire from right to left side of each seat if it stretches the lever has to be moved further to do the same thing.. more than likely that is the issue

rowdyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
13mm socket remove the 4 bolts holding the seat down and you can really get in there and clean and lube them and inspect the cable for stretching/breakage

OP
OP
B

biglou

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
thanks guys. appreciate the help