Steering Problems And Stiff T-Case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gadzooks1123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 8.0
I recently got a 2001 Ram 2500 with the 8L V10. Was looking for a Cummins, but this one was a comparative steal. Yesterday, I was pulling into school and went out behind the parking lot to pull into a spot without really thinking. It had been raining, so I got stuck in 2Hi. This was the first time I had tried to push the transfer case, and it took all of my strength to get it into 4Lo. It is behind stiff. Then, after I got out, I went in. When we got out that afternoon, and I was driving home, I noticed that I was having to hold the wheel almost 90 degrees to the left when I was getting hit on the drivers side by wind. When I am going straight on, it is fine. If I want to pass someone when straight against the wind, I must turn it nearly 90 degrees. It is almost as if there is a big dead spot in the wheel. Could this be a loose track bar? It doesn't sound like anything else I've read and I'm scared I broke my new truck... It only has 96k on it, BTW.

OP
OP
G

Gadzooks1123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 8.0
And I put it back in 2Hi, so it wasn't that I left it in 4x4 when highway driving... Forgot to mention that