Updating to a tilt wheel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 360
Hey guys, I have been lookin around but haven't found anything.

I have a 96 1500 SL, so it's got the basic non tilt non cruise control wheel. The steering wheel cover is pretty well worn out.

Is it possible to convert it to a tilt wheel with a new steering wheel? Is it just a matter of getting a column from the junk yard and ordering a new wheel? Any idea what this project could cost?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeauDuke01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yep, i bought a complete column and wheel for my 98 for $75 at a salvage yard, then just swap it all over.just have patience, and an afternoon off. also be careful that you dont let the replacement column spin after you take it off, you will trash the clockspring.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 360
yep, i bought a complete column and wheel for my 98 for $75 at a salvage yard, then just swap it all over.just have patience, and an afternoon off. also be careful that you dont let the replacement column spin after you take it off, you will trash the clockspring.

Any trouble with the airbag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk