Window tinting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anybody who's done their own tinting, what's the best place you like to buy your window tint from? I was just gunna buy Black Magic tint from Walmart and do it myself. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money on tinting tho.

Sent from the howitzer

Mohpar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I was able to get everything done for $100 from a local shop. They do like doing trucks because there is alot of room :) They did the 4 side windows, and back glass.

FireRescue462

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
In eBay you can buy precut tint for specific vehicles. It's laser cut and it's accurate. I spent 12$ on already cut tint. 5$ on solution and $4 on a squeegee. I watched videos and did it carefully. I now have a shop-perfect 21$ tint. You'd think it was $210. Next up - windshield strip

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Mine had the self cut plastic wrap when I bought it. In the Michigan winters the stuff peels worse than a florida sunburn.

If you do the film, make sure you get quality adhesive, and make sure you take it down far enough that the edge of the plastic doesn't get caught on the little window gasket thing where the bottom of the window meets the door.

cyclepuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 Mega
Engine
If your going to do it yourself buy good film. The cheap stuff from Walmart peels easy and looks purple after a couple years. Around me most tint shops will do the two front windows for $60-75.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk