windows not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodgealltheway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
i have a 2000 dodge ram. Last week my passenger window started stuttering and then quit working. This week both windows wont roll down from either switches and the locks only lock from the passenger switch. What is the problem? Thanks

95360magnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I know on my 95 the switches are pretty notorious for being faulty, when i bought it, the windows only worked from drivers door, and passenger side only locked, no unlock, i would start with drivers door master switch first

Sent from my LG-C729 using Tapatalk 2

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome to RF. it does sound like the switch is going bad.

RamV10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V10
Not to hijack this thread but my drivers window just quit out of the blue. Everything works except the drivers window. Passengers windows & lock work on their switch along with the master switch.
How do you check to see if it is a switch or a regulator?
1999 QC
Thanks

95360magnum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
The way i figured out it was my switch and not the regulator, was by removing the switch and i wired up just a toggle switch with a wiring diagram i found online, flipped the switch, window went down, other direction, went back up, went to the junkyard, grabbed a few switches and mine were all back working again like they should, i will see if i still have an extra drivers door switch set

sent from the interwebs powered by beer and gasoline

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corumba