Word of Advice (Long Read)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
For all you 2nd gen guys like me, I got something you might want to know. NEVER pull your door panels off EVER!! I got bored and decided to pull my lock knob off and see what one off a 3rd gen would look like. The first stupid thing is, you have to pull part of the door panel off just to get to it. Anyways, I didnt like it and attempted to put the door panel back in place. Well, I put the screws back in, but it was still loose. I pulled it off and the little yellow rivets started falling out one by one until they were all laying on the ground.... So I had to put them all back in place on the door panel and then popped them back into the door. Finally got that done and screwed it back in place. Praying it'll stay right where it is! This is to the idiots that came up with such a stupid idea:flipthebird: There's my rant.

Here's of a pic of the rivets....

007.jpg

Last edited:

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
colton you crazy kid. i have a tool for you, remind me when you are up next time. just replace the tabs like max said. try advance or norman dodge. it took me a few times on my first second gen. the third gens are so much nicer to work with. why did you pull them off

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
its baically a pry bar with a slot that slides behind the tabs and pops them out. i bought it like 9 yrs ago when i had my 01. its been in my tool box every since

OP
OP
ramthis9501

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
I was wanting to see what the locks would look like off my dads truck since they were just sitting there. You have to pull the door panel partially off to take the locks off that are already on there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye