1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 with 360 engine - stumbles and dies at low rpm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ksukat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Greetings,
I have had this problem for a while. I have replace Idle Air Control motor, cleaned throttle body (new gasket). I have had a local shop trouble shoot this problem. They determined it was an intake gasket. Paid them to replace the intake gasket. All seemed well, but its a couple months later, the temp is staying cooler and the problem has raised its ugly head again.

Starts fine, drives fine, but slow down to stop, or slow to turn and the idle will drop below 500 rpm and it will stumble and die. It doesn't always do this but it does it enough to be a pain.

Before I consider taking it to the shop again, I'd like to get some ideas on what the real cause of this problem could be.

thanks in advance.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
If you used a basic parts store iac the first time...change it again with one if the more "top of the line" parts or one directly from dodge. These trucks are finicky about sensors and standard parts store pieces don't last long if they work at all

OP
OP
K

ksukat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What brand do you recommend? I live in a small town and the nearest dodge dealer is over an hour away.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn