1999 Ram 1500 5.2 Liter Cold Idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tracyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Liter
Hi, the above "only when cold" idle jumps up and down. After engine warms up idle is fine. It was stalling when I would put in gear or go around corners but that was resolved by replacing IAC motor/valve. I have lived with the cold idle for about a year but thought I would try and maybe resolve. Only other weird issues, yellow check engine light goes on and off intermittently. If I have the heat defoggers on and push the gas pedal way down it switches the heat to the feet until I let off the gas. So some kind of vacuum leak under dash but I cant find it. Recently passed smog test with no problems. I am thinking maybe the TPS but I would think that would cause a problem all the time and not just when cold. Thanks for listening.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
It sounds like you have a problem with the "Wild Vents" and that could quite possibly be making your idle erratic, however a bum TPS on your throttle body isn't out of the question either.