2001 dodge m1 install problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ak2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey yall just put a m1 in my truck. leaking radiator fluid from the front of the manifold when i first filled radiator.
question 1: is there any advice on installing the gaskets? the instructions said to put a thin layer of rtv on the gasket and to put a 1/4 size bead on the 4 meeting corners. i thought i did that right but now am second guessing where i put the 4 corners. anyone have pics of theirs or diagrams?
question 2: i pulled the wires out of my temp sensor and had to mess the thing up to get out so i bought a new one but it was just the part that screws into the manifold. i put the wires back in and it seemed solid and like it should be. now when i turn the key on the temp sensor shoots into the red immidiatly.
any advice or help is greatly appriciated. im taking the m1 out now to redo the gaskets.

OP
OP
ak2500

ak2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
anybody? i got the leaks to stop but the temp gauge still jumps to red when i turn the key on. its definantly not overheating. i swapped the plug around so the wires were opposite and thought it woud fix it. trucks stuck in garage and im stuck in a ford someone please help!!!

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
You pulled the wires out of the clip on the motor harness? There is good chance you put them back in backwards.

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.
sounds like its in backwards, or the sensor went bad....