2001 dodge ram 1500 water noises in dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coletrain523

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.9
ok so i have been having the problem of when the truck sits for awhile and i get in and start moving it almost sounds like water is running through the dash (more towards the glove box). but after a minute or so it will go away. but its starting to get to where i can be driving and if im stationary for to long it will do it again. And i dont know if its related or not but i have noticed that my heat is doing as good as it used to. im not going to say its blowing cold but the more i turn up the fan the less heat there seems to be. its a 2001 dodge ram 1500 5.9 4x4
any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Souds like the heater core is about to **** or is clogging.

Was not sent from an iPhone.

Arlucian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check your coolant level. I bet it's low.

Yeah i bet your hearing air mixed with water sounds cause theres not enough coolant in the system and your getting a mix. Im not sure how it works with reservoir systems but on the older trucks ive owned just take the radiator cap off with it cold start it up and add coolant by the time it reaches temp you should have worked the air bubbles out. Like i said not sure if that applies to a reservoir system but it will get the job done either way even if its redundant :D

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'm fighting this right now myself. That's what I get for letting my truck set up for 3 months. :nono:

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I've been doing the same thing. I didn't hear the noise while it was at idle though. I've been having to run it a mile or two the. Stop, add water then run again, add water and so on..

Was not sent from an iPhone.

DAN 25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Mine did that. Problem was a leak at the thermostat housing letting coolant out and sucking air in during cool down. Fixing it with a cast aluminum housing from NAPA 605-1760 is the part number. If that is the problem be sure to also replace the little by pass hose $6 while you are in that deep. And while you are in that deep you might consider a new thermostat. Just be sure to test it in a pot of boiling water first. I got a bad one from Stant and had to pull a redo. Pain in the ****.

DAN 25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
I'm fighting this right now myself. That's what I get for letting my truck set up for 3 months. :nono:

Strongly suggest installing hardware cloth, heavy screen 1/4 inch squares, in the intake tube near the fender to prevent mice from setting up house keeping in your air filter housing. If you have to let your tuck set up a while be sure to watch for mice under the hood. They will chew all your wires and vac lines causing too much grief.