2001 Dodge Ram Shift Light???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9L 295 CI Magnum V6 :(
i have a 2001 3.9L V6 5 Speed Manual Transmission Dodge Ram and when i turn my key on in the Dash Cluster there are the Usual Check Engine Lights and Such but there is a Yellow/Orange Arrow that is pointing up and it turns off after a few seconds and i never see it again until the next time i turn my truck on....... Now my dad has the Exact same truck as me and he told me it was a Shift light thats supposed to turn on to tell you to shift.....

Its not like i Need it but it would be pretty cool to say that Everything in my truck works haha that is the ONly thing in it that Does NOT work......

Why doesnt it work and would it be Possible to fix it Myself???

Gord.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In my 95 that light really annoyed me so I pulled the bulb. It was always wanting me to shift around 2000 rpm, before the 5.2 really has any power.
Gord.

streak379

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2
It is a shift light, Im not quite sure how it takes its readings though, I know its based on throttle position and rpm.

ktm1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318ci Magnum
my 99 has it too. i honestly wouldnt worry about it. like gord said, it comes on tellin you to shift when you shouldnt be shiftin lol